My Photo
Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

Personal files don't lie. I am a head-down-to-earth person, hard-working, caring and helpful. And believe me, I am very patriotic. No, it's not the story of the fox and sour grapes -- I am proud to be an Indian doing my bit being in my country. Cannot tolerate hypocrites, show-offs (the world is full of 'em isn't it?). I do a bit of social service as I believe in "Maanava Sevaye Maadhava Seva".

Friday, December 31, 2004

Kadal Thaayin Kobam

Tsunami Tsunami Tsunami. Something which I have never heard of, a word which I have never seen in print. And now that is the only word which comes to mind. ALWAYS.
Engu paarthalum tsunami, ellar pechilum tsunami.
The other day I was browsing through the television channels showing the devastation and the relief measures in the areas worst hit by the killer Tsunami.
Sri Lanka vil endru ninaikkiren. Some volunteers were distributing food to the affected people. There was a queue, not very long, but definitely with people standing there helpless and cluless as to what the future holds for them. There was this small boy, about 10 years old, standing in line. He seemed to be quite cultured, may be from a well-to-do family, but avan kudumbam tsunamiyaal baadhikka pattirukkavendum. He was feeling shy to collect the plate from the volunteer and I could see tears running down his cheeks when he took it. The visual was over in just about a few seconds but nichayamaga ennaal idhanai vaazh naal pooravum marakka iyalaadhu. Andha kaatchi en manathirayil replay aagum bodhellam, I feel a lump in my throat.
Iyarkaye, podhum.
Nee seetram kondaal maanida inam thaangaadhu.
Indha puthaandil kondaatangal illai.
Karunaikkaga kai yendhi praathikkirom.
Seetram thavir, Saantham paaraatu.
Kadal thaayin madi meedhu meendum naangal ellorum thalai vaithu urangida, thendralaai vandhu thaalaattu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home